Friday, July 10, 2009

New Book

The Total Money Makeover was great. I would definitely recommend it. I will say, however, be prepared for a little tough love. It is not a magical formula but it is a lot of common sense right there on the pages and it will really excite you and get you hyped up about living debt free! One of the things that I love about this book is that Dave Ramsey believes in God and there are many scriptures that he refers to.

Chris and I are going to do what we can to follow the steps in this book so that we can be debt free. We have already done a lot and have plans for even more. Chris and I have decided that our family mission is Luke 6:27-36 (of course, we want this for all that we come in contact with - not just enemies). Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you. Love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. We hope to become debt free so that we have more that we can give.

I may keep you undated on how we are doing. I may not - I am not sure yet! :-)

My next book is Under the Radar by Fern Michaels. This is the latest in the Sisterhood series. I am so excited! I will let you know how it goes!

No comments: