Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Leaving My Mark

My Grandmom and Grandpop gave me a devotional journal that I read pretty regularly. I could not help but to be moved by this one...

I Want to Leave My Mark for You
by Anita Corrine Donihue

Scripture:
Philippians 3:14
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Devotional:
I know not what each day holds or what time I have left to serve. This I do know, dear Lord, I want to leave my mark for You.
Help me to make every day count. Remind me to lay aside my own wants, to be willingly inconvenienced and used for You. Let me not put anything before You, no matter how good it seems. Help me shed bad habits that slow me down from doing Your will.
I can only leave my mark for You by replacing idle time with purposeful movement. When I rest, I open my heart that You may fill me with Your strength and spirit.
Teach me to let go of yesterday, live fully today, and look with excitement toward tomorrow. I am awed as I daily come to know You more. I feel You shower love upon me like a refreshing summer rain.
Even though I am unworthy, I long to reach the end of life's journey and see You face-to-face. In the meantime, Lord may I use each day, each hour, each moment to leave my mark for You. Amen.

2 comments:

JoniDH said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

Thanks!!! I needed that!!! I get so bogged down in silly stuff and it slows me down from doing the will of the Father.

Love you
AW