Thursday, July 28, 2011

Book Update

I am quite behind on my book updates...

I read A Time To Embrace and I liked it. I will admit that it took me a little while to read it because as I started it, I felt like I knew where it was going and I really didn't want to read about that kind of topic.

But it was great! I am glad I finished it. I definitely think I want to read more Karen Kingsbury books. Thank You Rachel for introducing her to me.

After that I read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Um. I. Really. Have. No. Words. If you have not read it - read it. Lots of scripture references and illustrations of how to put these scriptures into real life. It is slight parallel to the book of Hosea. Very Interesting. Very Beautiful story and amazing illustration of the love you have for your spouse, your friends, your family, and for God!

READ IT!!!!

I am now reading The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff. A use to not read. Well, I read as little as possible - let's just say that. I have a friend named Lee and he knew me when I didn't read and he gave me this book and said I should try it. He thought I would like it. That was probably well over 12 years ago. The horrible friend that I am - I'm just now getting around to reading it.


Also, I am reading (I am not usually reading 2 at one time but there are some extenuating circumstances that caused this to happen) Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond. I am a fan of the Pioneer Woman and love her Love Story (I read a little on her blog before she put it all into a book).

I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

YAY!! Pioneer Woman book is good!!! She makes me laugh out loud!!! She and I would be good friends.

Love you
AW

PS...would like to know more about the Pooh book.