Friday, April 16, 2010

Crazy Love

A couple of quotes from Crazy Love by Francis Chan:
  • I have realized that when we love God, we naturally run to Him - frequently and zealously. Jesus didn't command that we have regular time with Him each day. Rather, He tells us to "love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." He called this the "first and greatest commandment." (Matt 22:37-38) The results are intimate prayer and study of His Word. Our motivation is then love.
  • ...my desire for my children is only a faint echo of God's great love for me and for every person He made. I am just an earthly, sinful father, and I love my kids so much it hurts, How could I not trust a heavenly, perfect Father who loves me infinitely more than I will ever love my kids?
  • The best things in life are gifts from the One who steadfastly loves us. But an important question to ask ourselves is this: Are we in love with God or His stuff?

No comments: