Monday, January 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

SO, 2 weeks ago I was able to buy some meat and last week I was blessed with a gift of some meat.

SO, this week I had a secret goal of $50. I didn't want to tell anyone - just in case it became impossible.

Here is what I did this week. First, I took cash. There is NO way I can go over my budget if I don't have the money to pay for it. Next, on Friday I sat at the computer and went thru all the weekly ads for CVS, Walgreens, Kroger, and Publix to see if anything on my list was on sale anywhere. Also, I made a trip to Aldi this week to see what it was all about.

Let me tell you - Aldi is worth it. If you have one near you - you should try it out. You do have to put in a quarter for a buggy and you have to bring your own bags but their prices are great. They mainly do not have name brand items, however, I did see Tyson, Lean Cuisine, and Healthy Choice. Their milk was $2.89 for a gallon. Kroger and Publix had milk for $3.19 a gallon. Their canned veggies were $0.49 a piece. All their prices seemed very good. The only thing on my list that I did not see available there was Kidney Beans. Other than that, I think I could have done all my grocery shopping there.

SO, I spent $24.28 at Aldi, $22.04 at Kroger, and $2.62 at CVS (great sale on Cheerios!) for a total of $48.94 this week!! Yippppeeeeeeeeee!!

Here is the menu:

Monday: Hot Dogs, Mac n Cheese
Tuesday: Spaghetti, Garlic Bread (Saturday of last week we ended up eating leftovers instead of the Spaghetti planned - Chris was very sad!)
Wednesday: Saucy Parmesan Chicken, Zesty 3 Bean Salad, Cream Cheese Corn
Thursday: Pizza Boats, Grapes
Friday: Soup, Sandwiches
Saturday: Pork Chops, Rice, Green Beans
Sunday: Sandwiches and leftovers

As usual, I will let you know how next week goes!
To see other's menu plans just go to Org Junkie!

1 comment:

JoniDH said...

Congrats! Let me know how you like the Aldi items.

Guess what's on Daddy's menu for tonight? Parmesean chicken (the recipe you fixed for us!). He even admited that if he had known what was in that recipe, he wouldn't have tried it BUT - he loved it. I think it's the italian bread crumbs that got him - anyway, I don't care - I love it and can't wait for supper!

I Love You!