Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Book


I think that The Marriage Game was one of my favorite Fern Michaels books that I have ever read. (The Nosy Neighbor being another favorite!) Again, she is very imaginative so it is an unreal story but it is interesting and I really enjoyed it. She is all about women having power and being strong but she throws in some wonderful men and a little bit of love to help the story be really neat. I have mentioned before that Fern Michaels like to have "spirits" or those that have passed on have a roll in some of her stories but I am not sure I have mentioned before that she also, sometimes, includes an animal in some. This one had a very protective and wonderful dog in the story that I thought was great. (Now that I think of it, I am not sure I have read one book of hers that did not include a dog!)

Another thing that I liked about this book is that it was about a place that is mentioned in the Sisterhood series of Fern Michaels' that I read. I loved that. It was like I was learning a little more detail about a part of her other books. Of course, these are completely different stories and you would not need to read one with the other but it was neat.

I am going to venture out again and read the sequel to Good In Bed now. I will let you know how Certain Girls by Jennifer Weiner ends up. I am a little wary of it since Good In Bed was a little .... crazy for me but don't worry, I will let you know!!

BY THE WAY, my husband says I am cheating by counting this book one of mine for 2009 since I read a lot of it in 2008 so my new goal this year is 25 books. I know that does not sound like a lot to some people but for me a very slow and actual non-reader, this is a big goal. We will see!

No comments: