Thursday, January 15, 2009

Purposeful Surroundings

These are the pictures that are on a main wall in our living room. Chris got me this WISDOM picture that quotes Proverbs 2:6 last year for Christmas. I thought that some older pictures of some of our Grandparents were the perfect thing to accompany this beautiful scripture.

YES, that is the thermostat there in the middle of the wall. A little weird. I have decided to just pretend I meant for it to be there and go with it. What else can you do?

OK, the pictures.... Top to Bottom - Left to Right.
* Chris' Paternal Grand- mother
* My Maternal Great Grand- mothers
* My Maternal Grand- mother
* Chris' Maternal Grand- parents
* My Maternal Grand- father
* Chris' Paternal Grandfather
* My Maternal Great Grandfathers

I just love it.
That picture of my Grandmother is one of my favorite pictures of all time. Chris has laughed at me more than once because I can hardly look at it without saying (out loud) how much I love it. My Grandmom was here a few days ago and I was telling her that I just couldn't get over how much I loved that picture of her. She said she did not like that picture of her very much. She said she thought she was pregnant with my mom then... Hummmm... Maybe there is a reason I love the glow about her so much in that picture.

2 comments:

JoniDH said...

I love the wall - (already told you that this weekend) - I just love family pictures - guess you got that from me - I HAVE to get more of mine out and "displayed"!

Betty said...

Looks great - can't wait to see it!