Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Book

Ahhhhhh! The nice peaceful feeling of reading a Love Inspired book. April in Bloom was good. It is very warm fuzzy, and sweet with a little funny in there. I really do love reading these books. This one, in particular, though was interesting because it talked about a Christian that is too scared to do the wrong thing that they don't do anything at all. I am so tempted to do that myself some times.

I think "Luke-Warmness" is one of the devil's tactics to get us.

One of the main verses in this book was Isaiah 58:11 which says The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

And then tonight the speaker reads these words from Jesus in Revelation 3 I know of your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

Whew! Lots to think on.

My next book is a Fern Michaels book. It is called Celebration. I feel like it has been a while since I have read one of hers and so I am excited. This is an older one so it will be interesting for me. It looks to be a little different. I will let you know.

No comments: