Tuesday, February 9, 2010

References

Have you ever taken a scripture (just one or two verses) and then followed the referenced scriptures in your Bible just to see where it leads? It is pretty fun. I did that the other day and was especially touched so I thought I would share.

We are studying James in Ladies Bible Class and I have not been able to be there is a few weeks. So, I was reading it to catch myself up. James is where we start then...

James 5:19-20
Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sin.

This referred me to

1 Peter 4:8
But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers, and above all things have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins.

This referred me to

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all sins.

And then this referred me to

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not see its own, is not provoked, things no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all thing. Love never fails.

No comments: