Thursday, April 2, 2009

New Book


I am all done with No Place Like Home! It was great. It was a little lighter than most of Fern Michaels' other books but I am totally OK with that. Actually, if she had left out the bad language that is scattered thru it, I think it could have passed for a Love Inspired book. It was a very feel good, family matters, quick read. I enjoyed it.

I have mentioned before that in Fern Michaels' books there is always a dog, and there is sometimes a person who has passed away helping to "guide" someone (in a sweet, nice way and not in a freaky weird way). This book had both! AND in the back there is a question and answer section with Fern Michaels. Here is one of the Q & As....

Q: Why do you frequently feature dogs as significant characters in your novels?

A: As a child I wasn't allowed to have a dog. As soon as I was on my own, I got one. When I got married, I got more. They're smart, they're loyal, and they love unconditionally.


By the way, in another question I learned that she has 5 children, 3 grandchildren, and 5 dogs!!

Alright, so my next book is going to be Baby Proof by Emily Giffin. I read Something Borrowed and Something Blue and I hear this is not a continuation of that story but that there is a "cameo" appearance from a character in these books. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: