Saturday, July 14, 2007

A New Joy

Since I have had Hannah I have come to enjoy some things with a new and greater appreciation. One of these things is that I love to see what people will do to make their children laugh or smile.

In our family, an example of this is my mom coughed one time and Hannah cracked up laughing. So, of course, she fake coughed until her throat hurt just to hear the giggle.

Or, Hannah was splashing in the bathtub and she really got me good so I said "oh you got me" because I was very surprised by it. She thought that was very funny so I said it very enthusiastically from then on, even if she did not really get me just to see her laugh so much.

Or, Hannah's cousin Landon laughed once when Chris sneezed so he kept fake sneezing just to here him laugh so hard.

Well, today at the pool, there was a lady who was acting like a superhero with her towel and her little boy was just belly laughing so hard at it that she kept on and on. It was so cute and I was so proud of her for keeping on even though there were a lot of people around. Your child's laughter is worth it!!

I am thankful for laughing children.

1 comment:

JoniDH said...

And won't it be grand if adults could learn to find humor in those simple things? Wishing you all a joyful day!