Sunday, July 15, 2007

Tonight's Sermon

There was a wonderful sermon tonight at church on 2 Peter 1:3-8.

2Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord;
3
seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.

4For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.

5Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge,

6and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness,

7and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love.

8For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.


I need to supply Moral Excellence, Knowledge, Self-Control, Perseverance, Godliness, Brotherly Kindness, and Love in my faith. I am not sure I am very good at that. This is my prayer: that I have the ability to define these qualities and show them thru my faith to others.

I am so thankful for God's word.

No comments: