Thursday, July 12, 2007

Series Complete


I have now officially finished the entire Traveling Pants series. The third and fourth books were good. I had a little lull in the 4th one where I got a little tired of reading about the same 4 girls but that was only for a couple of weeks. If you are interested in some light reading about 4 girls who are best friends in high school and college and their friendship survives during times of growing up and change, I highly recommend it. Here are some of the quotes from these two that the author put at the beginning of the chapters.
  • In summer, the song sings itself. -William Carlos Williams
  • Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
  • Aerodynamically, the bumblebee should not be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway. -Mary Kay Ash
  • God is subtle. But not malicious. -Albert Einstein
  • To a man who only has a hammer in the toolkit, every problem looks like a nail. -Abraham Maslow
  • Of course she found it in the last place she looked. If she hadn't found it, she'd still be looking. -Susannah Brown
  • We are born believing. A man bears beliefs, as a tree bears apples. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Remember to let her into your heart. -John Lennon and Paul McCartney
  • And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. -Matthew 15:14 (I have not checked this for accuracy.)
  • In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus
  • Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not. -Epicurus
  • Right now I am having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before. -Steven Wright
  • Bouncing is for balls. -Tibby Rollins
  • You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad. -Aldous Huxley
I will now start A Hand To Guide Me by Denzel Washington. No I am not just reading it because there is a picture of Denzel on the front... Really!! It is about 70 different celebrities and how their story about someone, as a young child, that encouraged them along their way to being successful. This will be a little different for me. I will let you know how it goes and keep you informed of all the information on these people that I find out.

No comments: