Friday, July 27, 2007

Thankful Thursdays

Last night and this morning, my Internet was down at home, so work with me on this post…..

I am going to give you all a weekly challenge. I am going to call it Thankful Thursdays. Every Thursday I think we should post 3 things we are thankful for. Anything from hair straighteners to family to the United States to Jesus that you would like to share that week. And for those of you who don’t have blogs feel free to put a comment in ours telling us something you are thankful for.

I am going to start this week… Sorry that I did not actually start on a Thursday. I had every intention to but was not able because of the Internet problems. Hopefully is it all better by the time I get home this afternoon.

#1 I am thankful for my eyelashes. They do a great job of keeping the dust out of my eyes. When Sara Jo and I were counselors at Bible camp together one of the ideas we wanted to get thru to our girls is that God gives us all we have and so we can be thankful and pray for the smallest and biggest of things. One of the ways I would get this point across is when leading a prayer I would list some things I was thankful for and I would be sure to list small and big things even if it wasn’t the types of things we normally thanked God for. Well, one day I thanked God for our eyelashes. The girls thought that was great and so they would call us “the girls who pray for eyelashes”. We kindof laughed about it but I think it made a lasting impression. Thank you Lord, for giving us our eyelashes.

#2 I am thankful for my daughter’s health. I know that God will get me thru anything that comes my way but when I read the struggles of Ethan Powell’s parents on their website (Thank You Elizabeth for introducing them to me.) I just wonder if I could really get thru that. I feel like I am not sure I could. Please pray for Ethan Powell. www.ethanpowell.com Thank you Lord, for Hannah’s good health.

#3 I am thankful for the girls in my church family here at home. Sometimes I think about them and all of the different ideas we have and all of the different situations we are in and all of the different kinds of families we have and wonder how we can all have so much fun together even though we are SO different. Then I realize that we have so much fun together because we are all SO different. I wish I could spend more time with them than I get to, and know them even better than I do but with all that goes on in our different families I think we do a pretty good job of keeping in touch. I really feel I could turn to the ladies within the church for anything I needed. I love all you girls very much. Thank you Lord, for my church family.

2 comments:

JoniDH said...

I am thankful for:
1. Children - I was blessed with a wonderful daughter who married a man I consider my son and now blessed with a wonderful granddaughter whose birth has reminded me how precious life is and what lessons we can learn from the innocense of babes. It helps me understand more how God loves us as His children - unconditionally.
2. Godly parents - Working with many different people over the years has shown me just how much I have taken for granted being born in a loving, safe family. I never knew so many go home to such terrible circustances. What a blessing to have parents who care for you physically, emotionally, and most of all spiritually.
3. Finding my true "soul mate" who loves me through thick and thin (literally) and sees me through eyes of love and never forgets to tell me.

bettyd said...

I am so thankful for FAMILY...a supportive, loving husband; a loving and beautiful daughter and loving and handsome son, each who married, giving us another wonderful son and wonderful daughter; a happy, healthy, handsome grandson and a happy, healthy beautiful granddaughter; parents who taught me to be thankful for many things, including family; sisters and extended family.....I am truly blessed!