Monday, December 17, 2007

Scripture

Jeremiah 9:23-24 (New American Standard Version)
----------
Thus says the Lord, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord who exercises lovingkindness, justice, and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the Lord.


I find myself, way too often, working in this life for wisdom, or might, or riches. What I need to be working for in this life is understanding and knowledge of God. This is what I want to master. This is what I want to be able to boast about.

How thankful I am that He exercises lovingkindness, justice, and righteousness!

1 comment:

Grandmom said...

I love your thoughts. That is certainly what we should strive to boast about. Let's help each other accomplish this.