Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir Fry

For the first time ever, I made stir fry that was not from a bag. It was good. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 Tbsp oil
3 cups chopped mixed fresh vegetables
(red or green bell peppers, broccoli, baby carrots, mushrooms, onions, snow peas.. whatever you want)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup Catalina dressing
2 Tbsp hoisin or soy sauce
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper

Cook and stir chicken in hot oil in large skillet on high heat 3 minutes.
Add vegetables and garlic; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
Stir in remaining ingredients; cook an additional 2 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

Serve over rice.

It was really really good and not hard.
The recipe says 10 minutes prep time, 21 minutes total time. (I am a little slow, so it took me a little longer but not much!)

4 comments:

bettyd said...

Sounds like my kind of dish. I'll try it. Was is too hot for Hannah to eat?

Mindy said...

No, Hannah ate it up. She liked the rice, the chicken, and the onions. She ate one piece of bell pepper and didn't make a face but she didn't eat any more.

bettyd said...

She can give me her bell peppers. So glad she's such a good eater.

Grandmom said...

Looks good, sounds good. I'll have to try it soon. I've printed the recipe. Thank you for sharing.