Monday, December 31, 2007

New Book

I am now reading a new book that Chris got me for Christmas. I am reading Free Fall by Fern Michaels. This is a follow up book to Lethal Justice that he got me last year... (We are pretending he meant to do that.) Anyway, it is good and once again Fern Michaels has let her imagination go wild and come up with a crazy story line that I can't get enough of. I would not be surprised if I am done with this book in a week.

Spiritual Patriots by Aubrey Johnson is/was very good. I have not completely finished it yet since Chris and I are trying to read it together. It is a really great look at the book of Jude from a very military type of perspective. Satan is alive and well in this world and we are expected to fight him and keep living for the Lord.. each day!

At the beginning of each chapter Mr. Johnson tells us in one line something that will help us to know victory. They are challenging and some are very hard to do. Here they are:
  • If I am to know victory, I must be willing to take a stand.
  • If I am to know victory, I must adapt my plans to fulfill greater needs.
  • If I am to know victory, I must never use grace as an excuse for disobedience.
  • If I am to know victory, I must learn from history.
  • If I am to know victory, I must fill my heart with holy aspirations.
  • If I am to know victory, I must choose my path carefully.
  • If I am to know victory, I must make pleasing God my highest aim.
  • If I am to know victory, I must be content without becoming complacent.
  • If I am to know victory, I must never underestimate my enemy.
  • If I am to know victory, I must prepare daily for Jesus' return.
  • If I am to know victory, I must not be easily disheartened.
  • If I am to know victory, I must accept personal responsibility for my spiritual growth.
  • If I am to know victory, I must trust God to sustain me through trying times.

No comments: