Monday, February 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Remember last week? I was up to $126.28 for 3 weeks of groceries. Remember that my real budget for groceries is $60 a week which would be $180 for my 3 week plan. I was secretly going for $150 to somewhat make up for doing a little stock piling at Costco.

Well, this week I spent lots more than planned. I spent $11.17 at Aldi and $27.49 at Kroger. So my total for 3 weeks on groceries is $164.94. I am disappointed that I did not meet my $150 goal but very excited that I am under $180.

Just to help myself justify a little (can't a girl get a break sometime?), this money included all meals for my family, and we fed a meal to 8 more adults and 5 other children these 3 weeks. And Chris sprung a dish on me that he has to take to work on Friday that I was not planning on. I am pleased with the end result!

Here is the menu for this week:

Monday: Zesty Chicken & Rice, Greenbeans
Tuesday: BBQ Meatloaf, Potatoes, Corn
Wednesday: Parmesan Crusted Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese
Thursday: Chicken Tetrazzini, Lima Beans
Friday: Hamburger Helper, Zesty 3 Bean Salad
Saturday: Salsa Chicken, Biscuits
Sunday: Leftovers

To see other's menu plans check out Org Junkie! (There are lots of ideas there!)

No comments: