Friday, February 13, 2009

New Book


Confessions of a Shopaholic was funny yet, also, ridiculous. I laughed and I shook my head. If you want a light fun read, this is definitely a great one. These books, like the other I read by Sophie Kinsella, are based in London so the reading of it is a little something to get use to. There are phrases and words that are not used here that I had to figure out. That was actually kinda fun, though. I will probably try to get the rest of the series and read those too.... some day.

I have chosen to read Deep In The Heart by Jane Myers Perrine next. It is a Love Inspired book so it will be great for the heart. I have so many book by my bed to read, I don't know where to start. Some are a little different than the book I am use to so I am a little nervous about reading them. Here they are (yes there are a lot). Tell me if you have read one and what you thought of it. I am going to put an * by the ones that are a part of a series.
  • No Place Like Home by Fern Michaels
  • A Rose From The Dead by Kate Collins
  • The Bridge Across Forever by Richard Bach
  • The Shack by WM Paul Young
  • Sisterchicks on the Loose by Robin Jones Gunn*
  • At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon*
  • The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe
  • The Maidenstone Lighthouse by Sally Smith O'Rourke
  • Swapping Lives by Jan Green
  • Can You Keep A Secret by Spohie Kinsella
  • Marley and Me by John Grogan
  • One for the Money by Janet Evanovich*
  • Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich*
  • Irish Hearts by Nora Roberts
  • The Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux
  • Shrouds of Holly by Kate Kingbury
  • Slay Bells by Kate Kingbury
  • As Sure As The Dawn by Francine Rivers
  • Baby Proof by Emily Giffin
  • The Wednesday Letters by Jason F Wright
  • Sundays At Tiffanys by James Patterson
  • The Chocolate Cat Caper by JoAnna Carl*
  • The Chocolate Bear Burglary by JoAnna Carl*
  • The Chocolate Frog Frame-Up by JoAnna Carl*
  • The Chocolate Puppy Puzzle by JoAnna Carl*
  • The Chocolate Mouse Trap by JoAnna Carl*
  • The Chocolate Bridal Bash by JoAnna Carl*
  • The Chocolate Jewel Case by JoAnna Carl*
  • In Dublin's Fair City by Rhys Bowen
  • On Danny Boy by Rhys Bowen*
  • For The Love of Mike by Rhys Bowen*
  • Death of Riley by Rhys Bowen*
  • Murphy's Law by Rhys Bowen*
  • PLUS 9 Love Inspired books
OK, I thought this would help me but now I am feeling more overwhelmed, especially because there are still some others I want. Ahhhhhhhh! If you have read any of these - let me know what you think and what you think I should read next.

Thanks!

I will let you know how Deep In The Heart goes...

5 comments:

Patrice said...

I just finished reading Marley and Me and LOVED it. It was a laugh out loud sort of book... I imagine even more so if you've ever had a dog like that.

I also read baby proof and thought it was okay. Definitely not a waste of time, but not that memorable to me either. On the other hand, that was like 2 or 3 years ago, and I have a terrible memory, so maybe it was horrible... or terrific. Sorry I'm no help. :)

Unknown said...

Oooooh! You've got a lot of good ones to read!

Mindy said...

I think I got some of them from you, Julie! At the book swap. I need to just dive in and get them read!

dgayle said...

All the Jan Karon ones are great- read them in order, however. And I have them all if you need any of them. You are SuperMomWomanWife!
All this reading, two children, a husband and house. You go girl!

Sara Jo said...

Have you counted that list??? I did, but I won't tell you how many in case you don't want to know....

I am reading The Shack right now. So far I am loving it - but it is one that I think I will have to reread to catch everything....