Saturday, January 12, 2008

THINK

Quite awhile ago I posted something about Apologetics Press (which publishes some great stuff!) and my friend Wendy made a comment that I should look into Focus Press and try out THINK magazine. Chris and I looked at it and we now subscribe to THINK.

I would recommend it to everyone who is trying to raise a child in the way of the Lord in this world today.

This month's edition had a reference to an article about a Kindergarten teacher asking the class to do a project called "all about me." The parents could come in and read one of the child's favorite books to the class. One particular child wanted a bible story read to the class and they were not allowed to do it. Every other child was allowed to read their favorite book except for this one.

I am sad. I am a little shocked. I am baffled. I am scared. What can we do about this?

2 comments:

4mcknatt's said...

We have been getting THINK for a while now and really find it interesting. It is so sad what this world is coming to.

Wendy Worley said...

I was shocked to see the schools here say Merry Christmas and had Christmas Trees in the school and actually had Christmas Parties and not winter parties. Becca's class read the storie of the birth of Jesus. While we discussed with Becca this is a man made Holiday, I was still impressed that it was read in school. WOW! ww