Thursday, August 27, 2009

Jesus, Hold My Hand

As I traveled thru this pilgrim land
There is a Friend who walks with me,
Leads me safely thru the sinking sand
It is the Christ of Calvary;
This would be my prayer dear Lord, each day
To help me do the best I can,
For I need They light to guide me day and night,
Blessed Jesus, hold my hand.

Blessed Jesus
Hold my hand,
Yes, I need Thee every hour,
Thru this land, this pilgrim land,
Protect me by They saving power;
Hear my plea, my feeble plea,
O Lord dear Lord look down on me,
When I kneel in prayer I hope to meet you there,
Blessed Jesus,
Hold my hand.


One of the things I love about the song book that I have is that there is a scripture with each song. This is the one that was with this song:

Psalm 73:23-28
Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; you have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry. But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Your works.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

i think i put this on my favorites list for Daddy/Grandpop.
love you
Aunt Wendy