Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Current Book

The book I am currently reading is The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares. A first for me happened with this book. I actually saw the movie, then found out it was a book and has 2 sequels and wanted to read the series. I have never wanted to read a book after watching a movie before. Anyway, I asked for the books for Christmas and my wonderful Mother-In-Law and Sister-In-Law got them for me. If you haven't seen the movie you should. It is about girls and the challenges growing up to be a woman. I didn't call it a chick flick because I usually think of those as love stories. This is a girl movie ... just about being a girl. I am half way thru the book and so far it is good and a little different from the movie. At the beginning of each chapter they have little saying. They usually make me chuckle. This book is about high school girls so don't get your hopes too high. They are not the MOST thought provoking things, just fun to read. I will share... (By reading them it will not ruin the movie or book.)

  • Not all who wander are lost. --J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Luck never gives, it only lends. --Ancient Chinese Proverb
  • Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday. --Anonymous
  • Can you make yourself love? Can you make yourself be loved? --Lena Kaligaris
  • There is no such thing as fun for the whole family. --Jerry Seinfield
  • Love is like war: easy to begin and hard to end. --Proverb

No comments: