Sunday, March 25, 2007

Words of Wisdom

I am thankful for our minister, Mr. Cottrell. He is a wonderful minister. Hannah was trying to talk back to him tonight and so I had to take her out of worship, but I was still touched by his lesson.

He said that the amount of violent crime in the US has gone up 500%. Now, please do not ask me the detailed questions like, what was the number of violent crimes before, or what is considered a violent crime or what time frame the statistic was regarding or any of that. I do understand those things are important and no I do not know the answer to them. For this type of statistic, however, I think that my reaction to it would stay the same no matter what the answer to all those questions are. Anyway, he spoke about living in this world and worrying about your children and grand children. I do this often. It is scary.

His conclusion at the end of the sermon went something like this...
There is good news and bad news. The bad news is that there will never be a time that this worry won't be here. The good news is We Win. In the end, God's people win!!!

No comments: