Monday, April 28, 2008

The "Curse" of Being a Libra


I am really NOT into all the talk of your Zodiac sign. I really do not look up all the people I meet to see what their sign is to determine the type of person they are. I am not sure I could even name all of the different signs for you, or even half of them.

I have, however, come across information regarding my Zodiac sign and it really does describe me well. Not perfect - but well. See what you think...


Libra is the only inanimate sign of the zodiac, all the others representing either humans or animals. Many modern astrologers regard it as the most desirable of zodiacal types because it represents the zenith of the year, the high point of the seasons, when the harvest of all the hard work of the spring is reaped. There is a mellowness and sense of relaxation in the air as mankind enjoys the last of the summer sun and the fruits of his toil. Librans too are among the most civilized of the twelve zodiacal characters and are often good looking. They have elegance, charm and good taste, are naturally kind, very gentle, and lovers of beauty, harmony (both in music and social living) and the pleasures that these bring.

They have good critical faculty and are able to stand back and look impartially at matters which call for an impartial judgment to be made on them. But they do not tolerate argument from anyone who challenges their opinions, for once they have reached a conclusion, its truth seems to them self-evident; and among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval. But their characters are on the whole balanced, diplomatic and even tempered.


I think some of the biggest things it doesn't talk about are my sensitive feelings but I really try to hide those when I can, anyway.


The "curse" part that I speak of is the part regarding the scales. I am a good person for impartial judgment and I try hard to be balanced. Just one example of this in my life is that I have been right there, face to face, with someone who shares in an upsetting time with me. I have tears in my eyes, they are about to run down my face and as soon as I see the other person with tears, "magically" my tears are gone. I can't cry even if I want because we can't both cry, things have to be balanced. I try to let those feeling go and cry right there with the person I need to be grieving with but I really physically can not do it. I will loose it later but I sure can't right then.


(By the way, this baby may be taking care of that problem. I seem to be able to cry anywhere and everywhere lately!)


So in my life I get frustrated with non-balance. It is something I would say I struggle with daily. Here are some of my thoughts.

#1
I don't like my job. I don't like to be there. I don't like what I do. I don't want to work 40 hours a week. However, I feel guilty because I feel I am lacking thankfulness for what I have by not being happy where I am. I don't know where the line is. I don't know how to balance thankfulness and unhappiness. So many would give up great things to have my job. And I am not happy in it. I feel horrible about it.

#2
I do not want to and I will not give up the things that my family does for and with the Lord's Church. I feel this is the most important thing I am here to do and I want to teach that to my children. But aren't I suppose to "keep the home?" Aren't I suppose to have this home in order? Isn't this something that I, as a Christian woman, am suppose to do? Why can't I get it all together? Where is the organization? Why can't I do both together? I must learn. This must be a priority.

#3
Is the abundance we all have somewhat sinful? I had a friend mention that to me as we were going thru some items that were donated by some members of our congregation. How do we balance living in this world with worldly things we want (and even feel we need) and not go overboard with abundance? How do I teach my children about abundance and why some have and some don't?

I feel unbalanced.
I am determined to make a life change to take care of this.
I will let you know about it soon.

Romans 12

3 comments:

Over here, it's me said...

Oh the dreaded curse of being a one of the beautiful people, well bananced and of even temperment. We Librans (yep, I'm one) offer the balance to keep those born under the other eleven signs in check. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it. By the way, that new baby is on target to be a Libra also.

Papa Joe

Wendy Worley said...

The only comment I can provide about(#2) keep the home, organize, etc, I had a very smart older woman tell me that it would be organized and kept well after the children leave home. Enjoy all you precious time you can with them, so whta if the house falls apart every day! That's still a little hard for me to let it be, before company comes over, but I am getting there, esp. the older they get! Contentment with what you have is a hard thing to teach kids. We are not accomplishing that yet! As far as the job, I quit the part time one I had here, and am still working from home part time. I am not a good example for that!

Unknown said...

We all go through different "seasons" of our lives. Some are definitely harder than others. All I can recommend Mindy is to keep praying through the hard seasons (work) and find joy in the blessings of the good seasons. You are living through a magical time with Hannah and the baby coming. I wish I could go back and do it again with Savannah. God has great things in store for the Doughtie family! Love ya, Julie C