Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Week - Grandmom



The next mother that has been so influential in my life is my Grandmom. First, I must say, she is the mom of my mom so ...... of course, she must be wonderful because she raised such a wonderful mom for me.

There is more though.

I did not have the blessing that my children have, of seeing a Christian mom and dad in my home growing up. I did not have the blessing of seeing a Christian husband and wife work together to raise their family in such a way to please God, in my own home.

My Grandmom and Grandpop showed me that. My Grandmom is the most excellent example of a Christian wife working with her Christian husband.

For our wedding Chris and I put together some scripture that was read. The scriptures came from Ruth 1, Ecc 4, I Cor 13, Colo 3, I Peter 3, I John 3, and Ephesians 5. This is the portion of scriptures that remind me of my Grand- mom: Wives, submit to your own husbands as is fitting in the Lord. The husband is head of the wife as also Christ is head of the church and He is the Savior of the body. Just as the church is subject to Christ so let the wives be to their own husbands in every- thing. Do not let your adornment be merely outward rather let it be the hidden person of the heart with the incorrup- tible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. Let each wife see that she respects her husband. For this is the way the holy women of the past, who put their hope in God, used to make themselves beautiful - They were submissive to their own husbands.

Do those words not describle the most beautiful picture of a woman? That is a desciption of my Grandmom.

Thank You Grandmom for showing me the way a Christian home works. Thank You Grandmom for showing me the was a Christian woman loves her Christian husband. Thank You Grandmom for showing me all the wonderful things that women can do to further His Kingdom. Thank You Grandmom for all the kisses that are still in my hand from you. Thank You Grandmom for talking with me anytime I want or need. Thank You Grandmom for opening the doors to your home up to me and my family at all times. Thank You Grandmom for the example you gave me of how to be a wonderful Christian mother and wife!

I love you!

1 comment:

Grandmom said...

Thank you, my sweet Mindy! Our love is mutual. No one ever had a granddaughter as special as you are to me. I'm glad you have saved those hand kisses because they were (and are) very special to me also. I love you!