Saturday, May 30, 2009

New Book

OK. So. Um. Well. Here it is. You should read A Voice In The Wind by Francine Rivers. Really. It doesn't really matter who you are. If you are reading this - you should read it.

First - Get thru the first 50 to 75 pages. It is a bit of history but, trust me, if I can do it then you can do it. Yes, there were paragraphs that I read and I was not sure who was who or what it all meant but you get the idea and you are able to know enough to understand the rest of the book. It IS a story, you just have to be a little patient.

Second - This is not light. I am normally a light reader and this is not. There is blood. There is craziness.

Third - Be prepared for your faithfulness, your prayer life, your passion, your love of scripture, and the personality inside you to change. Be prepared to look at the world differently.

Fourth - (especially if you are a girl) Get the Tissues out. I started crying on about page 22 and it went on and off thru page 496. Just have them available.

Fifth - Remember that it is fiction based on true events in history. The story line is fictional.

Just.
Read.
It.


I have bought it so that I can have it in my home.
It is one of those books.

Now, this is the first in a trilogy. Any normal, regular, real reader would have started the second book the moment the first book was complete. If you are that normal reader, be sure to have the second book on hand - You DO NOT want to not have it available when you finish the first one.

However, me - little ole light reader me - needs a little bit to digest this one. I am still learning from it after reading it. I am still thinking on it. I have learned so much from this first one. I can't imagine the second (and I have heard the second one is the best in the series).

SO, I am going to read Sundays At Tiffany's by James Patterson before I read the second book in the trilogy. I need some time.

As always, I will let you know how it is.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I just finished Sundays at Tiffany's. Let me know how you like it.
love
aunt wendy