Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Week - Mom







Well, I said that these were in no particular order and for the rest of the week they are not, however, this one, I must admit is the absolute MOST special to me.

(She has known me the longest, you know!)

My mom is this amazing woman that, if I told you everything wonderful about her, you wouldn't believe me. You would think I made her up. But, she is real. I thank the Lord every single day for that - she is real!!

My mom is one of the most faithful Christian women I know. She is not waved. She is not torn down. She is not luke warm. She is full of Christ every day.

These verses make me think of her: Proverbs 31:25-26 "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."

She is a list making, laundry doing, hard working, mind reading, loving, cooking, cleaning, listening, idea flowing, hugging, hand holding, bed making, new lingo learning, laughing kind of mom. Growing up I can remember awesome games at birthday parties, never being afraid of bringing my friends home, cold popcorn sitting on the stove, snacks available at all times, singing, WalMart shopping and I could go on and on with the good memories.

I appreciate her for all of the things above but I also appreciate how she talked to me like a human being as I was growing up. I never felt belittled. I appreciated that open communication about anything (and yes, I really mean anything). I appreciate the love that she has always shown to me in the way she tells me she loves me. I appreciated the emphasis she put on God's word and His light shining in my life. I appreciate her, now, not only as a mom but as my best and most trusted friend outside of my marriage.

To describe or show the kind of or amount of love I have for my mom is really impossible.

I pray, wish, and hope that one day I can be the kind of mom to Hannah and Justus that she was and is to me. I am not there yet, but we will see......

3 comments:

JoniDH said...

Thank you for loving me and all my flaws! I Love You!
Mom

Wendy said...

Great job Mindy!! She was all that to me before you were born so I know exactly how you feel!! Your mom never made me feel like I couldn't "hang out" with her because I was just a kid. We ALWAYS had fun, no matter what we did. You were a VERY lucky girl to get her as your mom!!!
You are a great mom already. You had a wonderful teacher.
love you
Aunt Wendy

Grandmom said...

I'm so proud of your mom too. She is very special. You are doing great in that mothering business. You had a good teacher. It is very gratifying to see how you and Chris are teaching Hannah and Justus about God and the good manners that make them so sweet. Oh, yes there are bigger jobs ahead of you but you're on the right track.