Friday, December 19, 2008

Baby Dolls


My child. My sweet baby girl. Hannah.

She has never been a big stuffed animals or baby doll girl (except for the dollar store cloth little dolls to sleep with). Suddenly this week she has wanted to do all things with her baby doll. (I think she is wanting a "Justus" of her own when I am doing stuff with him.) We have named her Sally. Sally has been in time out for biting, has been fed, has gone for a walk in her stroller, has been burped, has had her diaper changed... everything.

Now, on another note, Chris and I have been trying to explain that Mommy and Daddy need time to talk too. And so we will tell her we are talking and sort of ignore her if she is trying to play with us and interrupt. However, I always try to keep one ear open to her to be sure she does not really need us.

A couple of nights ago Chris and I were talking downstairs in the kitchen. We suddenly heard something. We both stopped and listened. It was definitely water. Then I remembered what she had been trying to say to us. She said her baby needed a bath. We RAN upstairs and sure enough Hannah was giving Sally a bath.

WOW! We really have to watch her. She can do anything now, especially with that stool of hers!

7 comments:

Libby said...

Oh my!

JoniDH said...

Who gave that child a stool?

Over here, it's me said...

Well, I guess that step ladder for Christmas is out now. I will need to look for something else for Hannah. Do she have chemistry set?

Papa Joe

Over here, it's me said...

UH! Make that "Does she have a chemistry set." I obviously spent to much time in South Carolina this week.

Papa Joe

Wendy said...

hmmm!!! my "quiet" time when i was twoish consisted of...getting into Grandmom's lipstick, breaking the lipstick, stepping on the lipstick, walking through the house on new carpet, and leaving red lipstick footprints. I think that's how the story goes. You might want to ask Grandmom to make sure.

Betty said...

Which stool? Glad she (and Sally) are ok...

Grandmom said...

I know for sure you can't take your eyes off of, or close your ears when there are little ones around. They can get into serious trouble every time. It's a serious job but well worth every moment of it. Love you four!