Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Being a Mother

I am so thankful for being a mother. I have really begun to realize that there is new insight, when reading the scriptures as a mother. This scripture was read tonight in class and I see this scripture differently now that I am a mother.

Matthew 10:34-40 (New American Standard Version)
(( Jesus is sending out the twelve and giving them some instruction. vs.5 ))
Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life shall lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake shall find it. He who receives you receives Me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.

No comments: