Sunday, April 15, 2007

Judgement

You knew I would have some things to share from worship today.

Acts 17:30-31 (NKJV)
Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given reassurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.

Revelation 22:4 (NKJV)
They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads.

Does this mean that ignorance is no longer an excuse?
What does this mean about those who don't repent?
Aren't you thankful to serve a God who judges righteously?

Mr. Cottrell said something that made me smile tonight. He said (in my own words) that no matter where you stand with the Kingdom, aren't you a little nervous about seeing God's face? I am. I am not sure what I will do with such a humbling experience.

Basically, Mr. Cottrell put it all out there. There are 2 possible outcomes of the judgement and the choice of how you live your life is all yours. God could either say "Well Done!" or "Depart from Me!" That pretty much says it all, I suppose.

No comments: