Monday, April 9, 2007

Ramblings

For all of you who blog I have a question. When you are going to do a new blog do you ever look at the oldest one on your page and think to yourself... Oh Man, if I write a new blog that one will go into archive and not be on the front page any more??? I do. I almost didn't want to write this one because of it. Silly, I know.

I wanted to share a new "toy" we have discovered for Hannah. This may be old news to you but I, oddly enough, had never thought of it. When we take her to Day Care we noticed that we sit her down on the floor and she goes straight to the toy shelf and pulls off the same toy every time. You will never guess what it is. It is just an empty small coke bottle that has been washed, the label taken off of it, and something interesting put in it. She can hold it, the top feels good on her teeth when she chews on it, and she loves looking inside of it and shaking it. Chris and I have bought a 6 pack of coke bottles to drink at work so that we can save them and make her some here at home. At the Day Care they put fake flowers in them, beans, and even water with food coloring in them to teach them their colors. Just a thought for any of you who have a lot of empty coke or water bottles... Recycle them in your own home... Just an idea.

The other thing I wanted to blog about since I have been sharing my books with you is a funny story. The writer of the books that I am reading now is Ann Brashers. I thought I would look on Amazon to see if there is anything other than The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants that she has written. Only one, and it was after the Sisterhood books and the description says that she has now officially written her first book for adults. That is right, the books I am reading now are not meant for adults! Oh well, I will admit it... I still like 'em. By the way the name of the book is The Last Summer (of You and Me).

I also saw on Amazon that you could preorder a book named The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. Has anyone else heard of this? I looked on his website and there was nothing about it. I need to do some more research and if there is a new one coming out I NEED to order it. (Do I know the different between a need and a want?? humm..)

Last thing, Mr. Cottrell's sermon on Sunday was about God's invitation. I think the scripture can speak for itself. It was wonderful!

Matthew 11:28-30 (New American Standard Version)
Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My load is light.

1 comment:

JoniDH said...

I had just looked for a new Nicholas Sparks book last week and did not see one! I depend on "Nick" to supply me with a book for my October beach trip - I knew he wouldn't let me down. I'm not going to pre-order it on Amazon this time - everytime I do that, I can buy it at Costco before Amazon ships one to me - I'll just pick it up at Costco this year!