Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Lesson in Fighting

Hannah slept during the sermon this Sunday so not only was I able to listen, I was even able to take notes. I thought I would share since it has been on my mind all week. He taught a lesson on how to fight evil.
1 Corinthians 16:13-14 outlines 5 ways to fight against Satan.

  1. Watch. Be alert. Stay awake. Be watchful. Keep your eyes open.
  2. Stand Fast in the Faith. The Faith = The Gospel. Hold tight to your convictions.
  3. Be Brave. Have Courage.
  4. Be Strong.
  5. Let all that you do be done with Love. If you move mountains but have not love, you are nothing. 1 Cor 13:2b
I thought those were 5 pretty good pieces of advice and thought I would share them with you.

Also, on Sunday night, after service, the kids showed the congregation the skits that they would be doing for Lads to Leaders. In one of the skits they read this scripture which intrigued me so much I have looked it up to read it myself out of the Bible just to see the words.

Philippians 2:3-4 (NKJV)
Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

No comments: