Friday, April 13, 2007

Favorite Friday


Today the topic is Favorite Children's Book. This is difficult because I am sure if I really racked my brain I could think of some from when I was a kid and then some that I hope for Hannah to have that I have read other places and then ones that Hannah actually has and I read to her. All that to say I have decided, for me, I am going to narrow this down to my favorite children's book that I have read to Hannah. Sara Jo, I hope that is OK with you.

The name of it is Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney and illustrated by Anita Jeram.
It is about a parent and a child talking to each other one night before bed. This is how it goes:
Child: Guess how much I love you.
Parent: Oh, I don't think I could guess that.
Child stretches his arms out and says "this much."
Parent stretches his arms out and says "but I love you this much."
Child: I love you as high as I can reach.
Parent: I love you as high as I can reach.
And it goes on something like that for a few pages.
Then the child is getting SO sleepy and looks up and thinks that nothing can be farther than the sky. As the child lays his head down to sleep he looks at his parent and says "I love you right up to the moon." The child falls asleep and the parent kisses him good night and whispers in his ear, "I love you right up to the moon and back."

How sweet. I really like that story.
I am so thankful for children's books.

1 comment:

JoniDH said...

And I Love You MORE!!!!!! Mom/Nannah