Thursday, April 19, 2007

Philadelphia Oreo No-Bake Cheesecake


I think the Title speaks for itself.
I tried this recipe last weekend and it was great. Chris really liked it. And as most of you know, I really really like Oreos (even if they are nothing but a chunk of lard!) I just thought I would share. It is easy.

Ingredients:
1 package Oreo Cookies
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 packages of cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tub Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed

Line 13x9 inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Coarsely chop 15 of the cookies; set aside. Finely crush remaining cookies; mix with butter. Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping and chopped cookies. Spoon over crust; cover.
Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

If you were at the Wild Game/Tame Game meal at church and you had some of this, you may not have gotten the full affect. Chris and I each ate one Oreo even though the recipe calls for all of the ones in the package. I apologize if you felt slighted because 2 Oreos were missing from the dessert.

No comments: