Friday, April 27, 2007

Favorite Friday

Today's Favorite Friday topic is favorite church potluck casserole. I am actually not a big casserole eater. Usually casseroles seem to have too much mixed together in them for me. However, I am a fan of making casseroles (I actually like making lots of things I don't eat, oddly enough). My favorite casserole to make for a potluck at the church building or anytime, for that matter is Green Bean Casserole. Most people like it, it is easy to make, my husband likes it, and I don't eat it so it is the perfect time for Chris to get it when we are around a lot of people. That way it doesn't go to waste.

Green Bean Casserole.
Recipe from Mom.

Ingredients:
2 cans of green beans, drained
3/4 cup milk
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 2.8 oz can of french fried onions

In medium dish, mix milk, soup, and pepper.
Add green beans and 2/3 cup of onions.
Mix.
Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Top with 2/3 cup onions and bake for 5 more minutes or until onions are golden brown.

1 comment:

Grandmom said...

Green Bean casserole is a favorite of so many people. Have you ever noticed the holiday season recipes repeated in magazines...Green Bean Casserole is always there. You should try it.. Chris isn't leading you wrong -- it is delicious!